Thursday 9 February 2012

The Old Republic and possibilities

First of all, I'm sorry for taking this long to write a new post. I've been away last weekend to help my brother move in to his new apartment in Stockholm and celebrating my birthday. Also, I've been busy playing loads of Star Wars: The Old Republic, which I will talk more about later. Now, on to the...

... Possibilities

As you might know, I'm currently unemployed and looking for work. It's quite hard to find something good and something that you want to work with, that also can support you and your immediate family. All is not bad though. Since a while back I've been thinking about the possibility of starting up my own gaming company, and with the help and advice of a friend from Uni, I might just have a shot at that!

I don't want to say too much at the moment, but for now I can tell you that he will help me the basics of running own projects and starting a company, while I try to help and manage a project for him. If this goes well, you might find my games in iTunes or the Android Market soon. Cross your fingers for me!

Maybe you'll find my games here soon!


Star Wars: The Old Republic

In a previous post, I mentioned that I was playing the game Portal 2, mainly with a friend of mine. Now it happens that (most) games don't last forever and this was no exception. After the inevitable end of Portal 2, my mate and I were looking for a new game to dig in to, and Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR from now on) was a prime candidate since we have another friend very much involved in it. For those of you who don't know SWTOR, it's a MMORPG set in the Star Wars universe, and if you need more information than that, you should probably have a look here.



So, now the three of us has made characters (one each for soloing and one for group play) and are ready to group up. I play a Trooper tank, and the others play a Jedi healer and a Smuggler dps... we just have one problem: we can't seem to be able to play at the same time, which is really sad 'cause I've really been looking forward to try it out all three of us, but I guess it will have to wait a bit.

Regarding the game itself, its a very nice mix of single player story and experience, while set in a world with thousands of other players. Masterfully done, as you'd expect from Bioware.

If anyone else is playing SWTOR on the same server, The Progenitor, feel free to add my solo character, Dannael, a Jedi Shadow. Hope to see you around ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, starting your own company sounds amazingly awesome! Much of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, although at the moment it's not certain that I WILL start my own company. We'll have to wait and see I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! I look forward to see how it will go with your projects. I kind of have an idea what the first games will be though ;) But I promise to keep my mouth shut!

    I'll be able to play SWTOR some more with you probably after the weekend since our place is currently filled with Chinese furniture boxes that just arrived :P.

    ReplyDelete