Tuesday 24 January 2012

Commence Blogging! (Under construction)

So, I guess it's time for me to start this little thing called blogging. Now, why should I blog, what should I blog about and does the world really need another blog/blogger? The answer to the first two questions goes something like this:

At the moment I'm unemployed, so I've got plenty of time to do this. Also, I'm very interested in computer games (both playing and developing) and social media which is what I will end up blogging about. Of course I will also blog about whats happening in my life and things I find interesting, funny or otherwise worthy of your attention. Question one and two answered, but what about the third question? Do the world really need another blog/-ger? Short answer: NO!

 

There are tons of blogs and bloggers out there, many who might (probably) be better at it than I am. That is, however, beside the point. To be completely honest, I'm not blogging to make the world a better place. I'm blogging for my own sake, so if you got any problems with that... well, I don't really know what you should do in that case. It's completely up to you.

I should probably tell you a little more about myself, for those poor bastards of you who previously haven't got the chance to bask in my glory:

My name is Fredrik Öman (Oman, or sometimes Ohman) and my biggest hobby, by far, is games, be it digital or not. I am also very keen on playing sports and pride myself in being quite good in most of them. During my secondary school ("gymnasie" in Swedish) I attended a program with special focus on physical education and leadership and after that I took a Bachelors Degree of Arts in Game Design at Högskolan i Skövde (University of Skövde).

After I got my degree I got the opportunity to flee the country when my good friend Joakim refered me to a company he just got employment with. As luck had it, this little company put their faith in me and, on a cold day in January I went from 20 degrees below 0, in Sweden, to +20 in sunny Spain and Gibraltar.

Me and a monkey friend in Gibraltar, 2010

In Gibraltar I stayed for almost two years before moving back to Sweden, and here I am with plenty of time on my hands and looking for work. By the way, you wouldn't happen to know of a decent job for me, would you?
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture with you and Pelle on it. IT was good that he decided to get a haircut later that day. He kind of looked like... a monkey. :P

    Nice to see your blog up and running! :)

    ReplyDelete